schooling friends for my African cichlids

Sheldon

Hi, sorry if this is a repeat question. I did search but nothing came up that answered my question.

I'm moving up to a 320 l tank. I've got one bristlenose, electric yellow, acei, peacock, frontosa and another like the electric yellow but white. Please excuse my ignorance of their scientific names.

I'm after suitable schooling tank mates for them to give some movement in the mid / upper areas of the tank.

Any suggestions? I asked at my lfs and was told a flat no.

hi

this may help or not

but with my tank I have rocks from the top to the bottom of the tank and

my fish are swimming in all areas of the tank

o I have Malawi Mbuna there about 50 in a 6x18x20 and some bristlenose also

Oh. And here I was thinking stripes was going to be a gentle giant! Only about 3 inches at the moment.

Yanke, again excuse my ignorance but your tank measurements are they in feet? 50 sounds like lots of fish but sure would give plenty of movement and things to look at.

Oh. And here I was thinking stripes was going to be a gentle giant!

They're generally not overly aggressive (actually more of a worry that they wont get enough food, would get picked on by more boisterous fish) but once they get some size they certainly eat anything that fits.

So Yanke would you say your tank is overstocked? Im going to have less room than you, a 4 foot long that is of the tall variety with only 5 cichlids and my bristlenose. More fish sounds like fun but I thought I had to be really careful with stocking?

So Yanke would you say your tank is overstocked? Im going to have less room than you, a 4 foot long that is of the tall variety with only 5 cichlids and my bristlenose. More fish sounds like fun but I thought I had to be really careful with stocking?

What sort of filtration do you have? that has as much bearing on "overstocked" as tank space

• 3 weeks later...

Archived