Worx 48" 6400k LED light

Chuckmeister

Hey guys, I know a few people are interested in these Worx lights because they are fairly cheap compared to the pro reef lights etc.

i bought 2 and received them yesterday and instead of sitting here typing my thoughts I thought I'd just show them on a short (ish) video

Hope they give you some idea of the lights if you have been wondering

You can click on full screen on the bottom right for a bigger screen.

It's always very each to their own when it comes to display presentation.

But I'm yet to see any better type,,,, (not brightness),,, of light than what a power-glo T8 18000K gives.

This fluro light eccentriates all colors in fish and really shows up subtle variances in colors on the fish.

Running tests and comparing many other options,,,,, the T8 is dramatic,,, "all color, no glare".

All the different types of gases that are used in fluros are many, and different gases produce different types of light spectrum and frequency.

So even comparing different types of fluros to one another is a lengthy mission itself.

The power-Glo that comes in a pink box draws out the pure natural color in fish and leaves everything for dead in my books.

Definetely not denoting LEDs though as people go for different effects.

For me it's light lit up foreground with a 50% darker background,,,, this makes the fish pop, a shining fish in front of dark background.

im not sure on how these leds will last but replacing globes every year or so drives me crazy. so if i get 2 or 3 years out of an led it will pay off for me.

Leds are well known for amazing long life.

As far as different effects go,, I saw a amazing set up with led lighting that was slightly a blue hue effect.

The way this tank presented was very original and similar to something I saw to a halide light effect.

The surface of the water was aggressively washing around in a surface choppy way.

The substrate was white river sand.

The inhabitance were Myleus Rubripinnis and Pictus cats.

The intense reflective shimmering on the substrate was incredible and mesmerizing.

Lol, the fish were very busy and active and with the shimmering it was a stand out in the room at night.

Archived