Tropheus

john69

Hi new to this forum. Just Started with tropheus. I have already one colony of 20 F2 Duboisi , one colony of 15 F1 Chaitika blue rainbow and a small colony of 10 F1 Bemba orange . I am actually looking for some more bemba and possibly another colony of Tropheus. So if you know any breeder in Vic please let me know. Cheers....

Does anyone knows any cichlids breeder in Vic. Looking for Tang species.?

Cheers

Try and PM the user 'nine'.. I think he is in Victoria and always seems to have a good load of quality and harder to get species. Mainly sand sifters though..

Just received my babies ikola and bemba from Jim, all went nice and smooth. Bit like xmas for me today.

Thanks for the good service.

cheers.

Good to hear.. I bought a nice big group, about 42 from memory, of F1 Ikola from Jim..

They are going strong and growing nicely..

Jim is a top bloke too.. Went past to collect the fish and stayed for a chat and a beer. Great fish collection and the information he can offer is priceless.. Havent had much success with Tropheus long term but following his few rules, I havent dropped one and they have all eaten from day 1..

Good luck and would be good to see a few pics once they are all settled.

Cheers

Alvon

Hi Alvon , thanks for reply. As you said Jim is the best got all important info from him. The Trops fry are doing great eating like piranas from the first day, you are so lucky to live where there seems to be plenty of breeder, looks like in Vic there is mostly Malawi breeders. Been breeding Malawi for the past 3 years just changed to Tang, hope everything goes well.

Cheers

John.

New to Tropheus too, just started with 4 juv colonies, The water parameters for all my tanks are KH 15 , PH 8 to 8.5 , GH around 14 and temperature 25 degree Celsius. I feed them 3 times a day but with very little quantity each time ( Currently feeding them on Tropical Siprulina super forte) once a week a home made recipe as a treat and a 25% water change weekly.

I use flakes, based on my previous Malawi breeding experience i think it is better for fry. I always crush it in more or less thin particles . For the semi adult just feed them directly. Seems to work fine.

• 2 weeks later...

i kept red moliro moorii and fed them with unsalted nori paper they loved it and i dont know if it was just me but i saw a brighter red come out in them.i also soaked some algae pellets and made a paste and painted it on a rock and baked it in the sun they loved that too being a grazer.i fed them with live brine,new era,sera flora flake and changed the water twice a week with only 20%at a time.water quality is a must.

Yep do agree that water quality is the most important thing for them I do a 25% water weekly and good thing is that I use the water for my vegi garden . I also have started feeding my tropheus fry with NLS growth mix with tropical flakes 3 times a day and they just love it.

Archived