Grow Out Tank

CamoT

Wasn't sure where to post this but looking for a grow out tank for some Brislenose, Anyone looking to part ways with a 3 footer not really fussed about condition as long as it doesn't leak.

Let me know how much you want for it if you have one.

Thanks

And i'm in Sydney

Hey Camo, thought of a esky ?

It's about 3 ft in size.

Super economical for heating.

Unless you like the enjoyment of viewing.

Thats a great idea, never thought of that before. Some guys in my area use IBC's, which are 1000L plastic containers used to transport oil, chemcials etc. They are cleaned of course and seem to work well. A mate of mine uses 5 IBC's in an aquaponic system, raising about 100 silver perch and growing veggies.

Hey Camo, thought of a esky ?

It's about 3 ft in size.

Super economical for heating.

Unless you like the enjoyment of viewing.

No I hadn't actually, thats a great Idea. Do you think I could use one of those white Styrofoam eskies or would the BN's chew holes in it. ?

As dazzman stated, not the foam box directly as the foam may have ill effect,,,,, but short term transport you'd maybe get away with as far as toxins go,,, foam slowly does degrade.

Buuuuuuut, lol, foam boxes can be a funny one with strength, but you could take the foam box into bunnings and find a plastic tub that would fit reasonably snug inside,,,, you'll get the advantage of insulation also.

Otherwise dropping a few dollars worth of pond liner into it and only filling half way to retain strength,,, would also work but a bit nightmarish with baby bristlenoses in the liner creases everywhere.

Archived