Feeding Glass Shrimp special food mix prior to feeding to Cichlids

BonnieBoy

Have just drained one of the outside ponds and have an abundant supply of Glass Shrimp to feed to the fish during the cooler months. My question here is ... As I could find no reference in trolling thru the site ...

Has anyone fed a

particular food mix to their Shrimp prior to feeding to the fish. Because as I see it there are two beneficial impacts they get ... great live food AND if the Shrimp are fed a mix prior to feeding them to the livestock it SHOULD have a double whammy. If anyone has tried this method of feeding WHAT did you feed your Shrimp. Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers.

Well feed shrimp will be conditioned better so more meat it should have

But no special mix to give anything extra to your fish

Unless you choose to blend the shrimp with vitamins and veg plus some fish pellets and then freeze it?

But as for live feed, as long as there healthy there good!

I've only ever bothered to gutload feeder fish when I wanted fish getting some medicated food.

feeder fish, like goldfish, will gorge til their guts are bloated.

ie. antibiotic soaked pellets -> goldfish -> predator.
I don't know if this would work with shrimp, as they have a fairly direct digestive tract?? You'd be looking at getting maybe what they have grazed on in the last short time, but they don't gorge like some fish do...

I think you'd really need to have an incredibly targeted end game in mind to purposefully direct a tiny amount of food that a shrimp would hold in it's digestive tract, in to the fish you're feeding.

Archived