6x2x2 American display, sump or twin cannister filters...

rennie_08

If it was me I would be going 2 x Ehimes and clean them on alternate months. Sure a sump can generally handle a larger bio load and is easier to clean but they are way to noisy for a normal setup. If your tank is backing onto the garage and you can put the sump in there then maybe I would go a sump for the ease of cleaning but you then have to insulat it due to the temps most garages get to.

2 x Ehimes and some Poret Foam in the corners as prefilters is my plan for my next tank.

I would sump but that is me. Like ben says they can be noisier if setup badly. I use Durso standpipes and that almost kills any sound at all. I also use matrix sumps with baffle installed to lower the outlet from the tank below the water line of thesump to kill any outlet sound.

The Durso was a bugger setting up but the orders from my wife were NO NOISE so worth it. The only thing she complains about now, besides me and the room she could get back if there were no tanks in the house, is that there is a gap between the top of the Weir and bottom of the hood. Unfortunately she is right, just don't tell her that, it bugs me to. To avoid that I should have used canisters.

Cheers

Rosco

• 2 weeks later...

Archived