DAPHNIA, DAPHNIA & DAPHNIA!

LexyBoi

Feed free to move!

So this is a question about Daphnia the live food! If I were to put this net/trap [img width=640 height=853]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/17/2b135a4d967aded8f57f9f52f67c9f83.jpg inside my fry tank, should I be able to just keep some daphnia in there without Feeding them too much? (I have fairly green water) I have heaps of algae in the water to feed the daphnia, but if they breed and reproduce won't the small Daphnia (babies) be able to fit through the netting? (it's about 0.5 mm then swim around the tank, then the fry in the tank would eat them! Almost an infinite food source, and when there are too many Daphnia in the trap/box I could just release them in to the tank a keep a couple left to start again! Would this work? Please help!!!

Personally myself, I'd keep my fry growing tank and any attempts to grow live food separate. Putting a little tub outside is cheap and you can feed as you like. If your fry tank crashes then you dont also have a big bioload crashing at the same time. Or your food source may crash killing your fry.Not really sure what sort of fish and fry you you are breeding but different water tolerances may occur. I also like to keep my tanks clean so I can see and enjoy what is happening. If your fish need to feed just add the food.

Have you considered using microworms or you are thinking of ways to maximise your green water?

Archived