Wave makers

Paul76

They are brilliant, there's really no pros or cons as they do what they are meant to do,,,, and that's one simple job of water turn over.

Though the very low wattage for liters per hour turn over is exceptional which I guess is a pro.

If your 4 foot is x2 x2 then a 3000 liter per maker will be perfect,,,, if the smaller 4 foot, then the 2000 liter hour.

The larger diameter output gives a less turbulent jet,,, but turnover rating is its turnover, a good way for exceptional turnover without excessive jet turbulence.

Fully adjustable, up, down, left, right and everything in between.

I use a few 3000 l/h on the few 4ft tanks I have. 6w

And I use twin head 6000l/h on the 6ft tanks. 10w

I've bought these online the sunsun brand with the magnetic fastening,,,, and for only the cost of a fart in a far.

In fact after the first 4 I bought, I went ahead and bought another 15 x 2 of each size.

Yeah I'd say get rid of the spray bar and run in same direction.

I personly prefer the direction to run long ways.

But if it's a touch over powered it's best from back to front direction in center of tank.

This means the flow will hit front of tank and disperse to both sides of tank cutting flow in two halves.

But running long ways,,, it's perfect when a 3mm spectrum pellet just and I mean just is rolling from one side all the way to the other side,,,, this makes a maintenance free tank on the siphoning and dead spot side of things.

If breeding a small stone at bottom will break the current in that tiny spot and the fish will drop and pick up eggs there as they spawn.

If it interrupts breeding style,,, push wave maker down a lot further and point upwards to create a slight upwelling which reduces cross current.

I always used mine to provide current that filters couldn't. I would aim it behind rocks and ornaments to remove debris from those places.

Worth every cent in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Archived