Fish Room Rebuild!

Josh

OK Chris, if you insist.

81 model Datsun 1200 ute! Its a good starting point for a father son project. Like I said a "toy"

datto.jpg

datto1.jpg

datto3.jpg

Rotarys draw too much attention. A nice SR20DET with a black intercooler keeps unwanted attention to a minimum, though being fanta orange kind of makes that somewhat pointless.

You are right, the color will draw all the attention he needs. Not to mention there isnt many around and people stop and stare at any old Datto ute.

I do like the idea of the SR20DET swap too. I need to get the head off and get the valve stem seals done, so I guess there mght be some other work done while its off :spaz: of course the wife wont be aware of this!

• 2 months later...

Any updates Josh.

I am shutting down mine for a while and serious downsizing. The kids are consuming most of my time and money so manland it is with one or two racks max.

I need to live thru someone lol

Cheers

Rosco

Hey Rosco.

Nothing really going on. Spent a lot on the toy part of it and not much on the fish room. I am planing the construction of it and have things sorted, just need to get some materials and get started.

• 6 months later...

Ok, so its been a while!

Finished playing with the toy, son now as a daily driver. Thats my warning to locals, stay of the road people.

Found some time to get this started, I havent done much but I have started.

Progress shots. Plan for next weekend is to finish of the mezanine floor and put more "junk" up there so I can finish the frame and walls.

image.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

Archived