Fish Photography

Ged

</DIV><H1>I Need some advice?</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: finkfish</STRONG><BR><BR>Since I discovered this site I have really been motivated to take my fish keeping more seriously. I thought I knew a thing or two but some people on this site are just amazing. A friend of mine gave me some African Cichlids afew weeks ago and I still don't know the correct name for them all. I want to take some good photos of the fish so that I may post them for ID. Can any one give me some tips on taking some quality photos of whats in my tank? My biggest problem is that the glass always gives off a nasty reflection from the flash when I shoot front on.

</P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: hungsta</STRONG><BR><BR>Try not using the flash and see how you go.

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: finkfish</STRONG><BR><BR>Thanks Hungsta,

<br>

It's not to bad without a flash the only problem is that I can only get the fish when they are in the foreground. I was thinking of using a torch or something but which direction should I shine it from? I also wanted to know where I can get good quality aquatic plants from without paying a hell of alot for them? Weren't you selling some driftwood creations, do you have any left?

<br>

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: hyperdive</STRONG><BR><BR>Just make sure the glass is clean and shoot from slightly to the side and slightly above or below horizontal. You should not get any flash reflection that way.

<br>

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Mazimbwe</STRONG><BR><BR>hmmm...as well as the advice you have already recieved, try shooting at night with all other lights('cept the tank you are shootin) turned off.

<br>

<br>

Try to light the tank as well as you can, from above, and if you can leave your camera on a tripod in front of the tank. I have found if I can do that for 12-24hrs B4 the photo session the fish are not so nervous of the new, brighter light....and the strange device on the face of 'the big thing with the food'.

<br>

<br>

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Link 2 Hell</STRONG><BR><BR>Beware of reflection from tank lights and tanks

<br>

It looks funny with a sheet or towel over your head trying to take pics

<br>

<br>

Use macro if you have it on the camera rather than zoom

Archived