Microworms

Ged

</STRONG></DIV><H1>Info on Micro Worms </H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Arj</STRONG><BR><BR>Hi,

<br>

I recently got a culture and have never kept them before. Apart from my fry loving the micro worms I'm not a big fan of keeping these worms!

<br>

<br>

I have searched the net and all the info is regarding maintaining a culture. I would like to know any repercussions on human health! hahahahahha How long do you think these worms can live in the aquarium water and in the filters? Can the eggs get through pores in our skin? hahaha Listen to me, I sound all paranoid because I use my finger to scrape the worms and put it into the tank. So any info that will put my mind at ease is GREATLY appreciated!

<br>

<br>

Thanks.

<br>

<br>

Arj.

</P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: lokopraning</STRONG><BR><BR>i got this useful

info

<br>

if you feel disgusted touching it, use a wet paddle pop stick

<br>

i sometimes dip the lid into the tank water as they've already crawled on the lid anyway.. my wife hates them

<br>

<br>

hth

<P><STRONG>Author: junek</STRONG><BR><BR>i used to keep them and scrape the off with my finger - as far as i know, none are living in my body at present

<br>

they are just worms - they cant hurt u!!!

<br>

think of the benifits your fry will be enjoying!!!

<br>

jamie

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Adam Maskew</STRONG><BR><BR>The worms aren't parasitic in any way or form so you don't have to worry about them. The cultures can contain many micro organisms however and they can lead to problems. If you follow the general rules of their culture you should never have a problem from these guys though.

<br>

<br>

As a further note you should use a paddle pop stick to scrap them off the culter sides as the oils etc on your finger can cause the culture big problems.

<br>

<br>

I've used them for years with no problems. They are easy to culture and nutritious for the fish.

<br>

<br>

Adam

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: YeW2001</STRONG><BR><BR>Arj -

<br>

<br>

Use your finger to transfer the worms (this way you are in contact with their nematodesk goodness)... then - and here's the tricky bit LOL!

<br>

<br>

Wash your hands!

<br>

<br>

hehe

. As someone else said the worms aren't parasitic in anyway shape or form (unless you're an oat)

<br>

<br>

HTH -

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Arj</STRONG><BR><BR>Did you say a big Oat or Oaf? hahaha

<br>

<br>

Thanks for the reassurances!

<br>

<br>

Arj.

<br>

Archived