box of chocolates

Link2Hell

After the unsuccessful spawn when the QCG convention was on the Chocolates

have spawned again and larger

instead of the driftwood spawn site they have chosen the old faithful flower pot on its

side and have decided to guard the site as well this time

so this is the pair

IMG 9389a

unlike last time I didn't take a pic of the spawn but after waiting for the eggs to hatch
I syphoned off most of the wrigglers and left a few for the not real happy with a hose
in the nursery parents
the wrigglers were then put in modified plastic guppy trap with an airstone and hung
in the adults tank for easy water changes and constant temp. There is a drain pipe in
the guppy trap so while they are still wrigglers that hug the bottom I just drain some
water from the main tank into a jug and then pour it in so it self drains out the overflow
drain 2-3 times a day
watching the adults during this time proved amusing with the female defending the fry
from all that came near including the male as he tried to pick off the fry through the plastic
once the yolk sac is absorbed approx. 5-7 days I started to feed them micro worms
so now 5 days free swimming and eating well they are being transferred to the new home
a 20lt bucket with mature sponge filter and heater
it was interesting to watch them as they were poured slowly into the bucket, as I expected
them to go straight to the bottom but no they stayed mid water and form a up like a bait ball
while moving to the dark structure of the filter
the move hasn't upset them as they chased down some micro worms that were dropped in

choc01

choc02

Archived