buying fish in nsw

juzzo_5913

hey guys i always buy my fish from st george in rockdale i live on the northern beaches and everything here is so expensive (way to over priced) I found this new place majesticaquariums.com.au and wanted to know if they were good or what the differences is with the two places, or if people could help me out finding breeders localy its to hard to get to these places all the time.

Majestic is owned by Paul Talbot, has been into cichlids for many years and

a member of NSWCS , he also has a good knowledge of marines and the

usual freshwater species

the shop is very well marketed and Paul has also produced DVD's and has

a very well produced website

pricing of the online stock list seems reasonable for LFS

I haven't been in his shop for a few years but it has been established for quite

a while now good product and livestock range and extra services, not much

competition in the local area for them until you cross over the bridge

(Tarren Pt) and head to St George at Rockdale

Chris

cheers guys i rang my mate (he got me into keeping africans) and he was keen to check it out, yer i know ur always going to pay more but its hard when u have no idea who ur buying from, at least with the shop u can look and see what u want to buy, i would really like to get into breeders but like i said for where i live its hard to always get to them

Your cheapest will be the for sale on here :clap

You need to become a member,look up the top to join.

You can post W T Buy add or just look at whats for sale.

Heaps of good shops all over Sydney

Lams Parramatta,Riverside Campie,Aurburn Aquarium,& heaps more out west, look at adds top left as well.

Your not so lucky out north subs.

There is Aquariums at Asquith and Reef River in Hornsby. Both are on the same side of the harbour at least. If I were you I would go on a research trip. Compile a list of questions and see who answers you the best without trying to sell you $$$$s of unsuitable products.

The other thing is their stock can vary depending on what is coming in.

cheers guys i rang my mate (he got me into keeping africans) and he was keen to check it out, yer i know ur always going to pay more but its hard when u have no idea who ur buying from, at least with the shop u can look and see what u want to buy, i would really like to get into breeders but like i said for where i live its hard to always get to them

I have to admit going to the auction is probably the best thing you can do for yourself $2 entry and you can buy plenty of fish at really good prices alot cheaper than a LFS but thats not the best benefit its the knowledge you gain from going that is amazing. I can think Jan last yr i didnt now anything about cichlids now i got 12 tanks. Majestic aquarium is getting some new stuff in terms of species as is appindotcom but if you want your standard bread and butter its worth going for a night to NSWCS monthly meeting cause like i said it will benefit you so much just for that night and you will learn alot about just keeping fish.

cheers

John

forgot to ask what cichlids you after in particular maybe someone here can help you out

Thanks heaps yer im very interested in going to have a look and seeing whats out there, at the moment i am looking at breeding peacocks so i was looking at them and gold ocellatus i like also, but what i really want to have in my tank is a black ghost knife thats a medium size all the ones at the stores are way to big or really really tny

Thanks heaps yer im very interested in going to have a look and seeing whats out there, at the moment i am looking at breeding peacocks so i was looking at them and gold ocellatus i like also, but what i really want to have in my tank is a black ghost knife thats a medium size all the ones at the stores are way to big or really really tny

if your heading down that way check out the fish bowl aquarium, only down the road from St George, princes highway Carlton. Last time I was there they had alot of beautiful red Rubin peacocks, they were pretty cheap as as far as I could remeber.

Archived