neets with white spot?

LucifersJester

Hey peoples...

I got some neets from the mega auction just gone - and as per protocol at my place I put them and some of the other fish I got into a quarintine tank to let sort themselves out before going into another tank.

I got home yesterday and all the neets have white spots all over them but the Parrot Cichlids I have in there and another cichlid (I can't remember their name) but the other fish don't have any white spots at all...

Any ideas ????

I've treated the tank with multicure (I had no ickaway)...

What else can I do?? Is it actually White Spot??

All fish are 4 cm or less...

Add aquarium salt to the tank as per directions per liter

I had the same problem not to long ago i dont use chemicals just salt and it cleared up in about 3 days

some fish have a better ammune system and dont get it, but when you see the white spot its in one of its last stages so the other fish may have it in an early stage you just cant see it yet so treat the the same as the ones with it.

Add aquarium salt to the tank as per directions per liter

I had the same problem not to long ago i dont use chemicals just salt and it cleared up in about 3 days

some fish have a better ammune system and dont get it, but when you see the white spot its in one of its last stages so the other fish may have it in an early stage you just cant see it yet so treat the the same as the ones with it.

Cool - sounds like a plan. Thanks for the reply... smile.gif

Well - Black Dog was right - My Raindow cichlid fry now have white spot, not too bad yet (touch wood) and my neets are all dead... angry.gif

Mental note - neets seem to be a good fishtank canary (as in the miners used canaries to test air in mines - carary dies, everyone out of the mine.) blink.gif

Now it looks like I am going to be looking for some more neets - after I move all the fish, bleach the tank, scrub it and set it up again...

Anyone know what causes white spot?? I might have to google it...

Archived