Fancy Goldfish Breeders......I know your out there :)

goldenswimmers

Hey guys I breed a variety of fish(african,american and coldwater) but it seems its quite rare to find others who breed high quality goldfish...oranda,ranchu and ryukins are a good start ;) I am very keen to move into some of the rarer,hardly seen guys like tosakin and phoenix tail eggfish to name a few....and I always love the fact you can aim at different colour pattern also rarely seen...think of a panda ryukin or a blue ranchu...you can do a lot with these guys and i think if you enjoy the challenges of quality breeding...then you would love the challenge of breeding good ranchu :) :)...so any other guys out there interested in breeding these guys???...

SAM_0915.jpg

SAM_0708.jpg

SAM_0770.jpg

SAM_0729.jpg

SAM_0903.jpg

SAM_8303_zps955261b5.jpg

I knew that you had it in you to release the inner goldfish. :thumbup:

What a beautiful collection of fish you are breeding. The first one looks as if he has real attitude.

I have only ever kept goldfish once when a converted an eight foot tank to a coldwater tank and had a large collection of Mottled and Tri-coloured Fantails

Unfortunately its a bit of an uphill battle getting quality goldfish in Australia as the best are hard to get out of asia where they are really appreciated....and this has put quite a lot of "lower grade" guys into our shops(I'd say about 80% of our aquarium supplies are of a "cull" status if you were the one breeding them)...chuck in the extra week required for quarantine(compared to most other imported fish) and few shops take the risk on a quality fish that might never make it to the shop...even then not be the quality expected(as mentioned really appreciated in most of the asian region their native home)....and so it has been accidently accepted that some of these "rejects" is how these guys just are....be good to have more people producing high quality guys in our own backyard just to make more people aware and start to see good goldfish..... ;)

woah such a random thread for a cichlid forum, i like random... atm i have only bred crown pearlscales and ryukins but have been trying my luck with black and orange orandas. i have a few select collections that i've posted for sale. here's a clip of my big wen gold oranda, check out my other vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFxvfW9Vpi0

cheers! :)

Must admit i have not seen a wen that size for awhile, nice looking specimen.

Aquarium Industries get some show goldfish in occasionally, but at $200 - $400 + wholesale im a bit reluctant to see what they look like :blink

you'll probably notice i like anything with an oversized wen haha

:) I understand your weakness :) Here is a female Ranchu I used to breed with....moved her on to a nice pond once her days of lovemaking were finished :)

SAM_4696.jpg

SAM_4694.jpg

SAM_4697.jpg

Had to share a few shots of my last group of Oranda I was going to work with....ending up losing 5 out of 6 of these guys during a recent heatwave late last year as I had moved them into an outdoor pond :( :( so I managed to save 1 girl from this group and she has had my most recent spawn of Orandas so the legacy is carried on ;)

SAM_7279.jpg

SAM_7281.jpg

SAM_7276.jpg

cheers ged! goldenswimmers, that female ranchu is amazing wow love the wen on her, reminds me of a cloud haha. also loving the black orandas, atleast you got fry back from the loss! im really happy to hear you guys liking cichlids and goldfish as well thats good news!

• 5 months later...

Archived