Importation info

Buccal

I think fish chick gets fish from aquabid.

I doubts this type of supplier would consider pre-approved certification.

Again, Apistos are in small numbers, so it's not worth paying for testing weather being private or commercial pre-approved.

Goldfish come in buy thousands continually

Rasboras come in by thousands continually

Clown loaches come in by thousands continually

All these fish coming in by thousands continually are making enough money to be economically viable with costs of testing.

Apistos don't come in by the thousands because the market for them here is tiny.

So it's likely apistos will be effected.

Plenty good Apistos in oz already.

The smart exporters who have not been granted Megalocytivirus free status would have large numbers of the species that require testing in holding tanks that would allow them to do multiple shipments without the need for retesting.

There will be an on-going program of random post-arrival verification testing to ensure that what is being done overseas is effective. I presume that this cost will be passed on importers and ultimately the hobby.

All fish that do come into the country will still be required to be quarantined for a minimum of seven (7) days after arrival in approved facilities.

they should be tested from africa to germany.from what ive read other countries export to its a decent list apparently.maybe other options could be looked at .export from other countries?

Dare say feds may have increased the likelyhood that introduction of species into native waterways might occur in order to fix a 'local' supply source ie. livebearers, anabantids as an example?.. even cichlids cough cough....

• 3 weeks later...

The hobby has had a 12 month delay before they implement it

so now is the time plan out what you want to and what you want to buy before it starts

the costs and testing may no be as bad as first thought but it will increase the price

of imported cichlids ................. 12 months the clock is ticking

Archived