New 150g tank, few different stocking questions

timmyb2290

Hello, just bought a 5x2x2 150g tank and have a few different questions about what cichlids to put in

1. I've seen all male haps and peacock tanks, was wondering if an all male cyprichromis group would work, the colors of the females is so off-putting and while im into Tanganyikans for their behaviour

and can deal with most of them being less vibrant than malawis color wise, cyp females are so boring, would the all male idea work? anyone every tried that? ive read about one bloke having 14 males that worked well together and when he split them into 2 groups they killed each other? anyone have any experience with this or tried it?

2. I've seen aggressive fish only tanks with SA and CA cichlids and was wondering if that might work in a big enough tank for tangs? for example trets, pulchers, tetracanthus, buecheri, etc,

even just single males without females to stop con-specific aggression, would any of those ideas work in a 150g?

3.My 6 ft tank broke so had to relocate, to the 4 ft until i got the 5x2x2

i currently have:

2 julidochromis marlieri gombe, 1 black clavus, 4 orange leleupi, 2 callochromis macrops ndole bay red(getting more soon), 2 lepediolamprologus hequi and 3 steatocranus casuarius(i know they're not tangs but they're my first ever fish and they are fine with all the tangs).

If i relocate all these fish to the 150g what sort of stocking numbers and species would i be able to put in? any reccommendations would be very much appreciated?

cheers,

Tim

Archived