New here

daimen84

Hi all. Im new here i have been keeping Mbuna on and off for about 15 years now. I have had a break from them and delved into the planted and native side of things (rainbows) but i always miss my cichlids. Well i just bought a teired 2 3ft that im going to populate with mbuna on the bottom and hopefully some shellies and julies on the top. Here is a picture to show you what im working with.

1420241368496_zps1d64e312.jpg

Well i hope to use the classifieds to buy some fish and find some local breeders.

And i look forward to sharing my experience with you all

Ok you asked for it.

This contains Rainbows, empire gudgeons and northwest Australian river prawns.1420431647947_zps9066880f.jpg

And this one is my future Peacock gudgeon tank. I have been looking for some peacock for about 8 months now. It is currently home to 15 spotted blue eye.

1420431589012_zps5b658bbb.jpg

Im going for a mixed tank of mbuna. Maybe 3 or 4 trios. The main one im looking for is socofi, and mpanga.

Ps. socolofi = pindani depends on what they are labelling them

availability seems to have improved on them

Ps. elongatus sp. Mpanga

usually plenty around

you can try Labyrinth Aquarium at Campsie

Andrew had both in stock last time I was there, pretty sure

Thanks i wills be searching for some fish once i get up and running especially with the cash. I have 3 cobalts in there now keeping the cycle. Im looking also for some shellies and julidochromis for the top tank.

Archived