Certficates for wild fish

parkesg

That quality paper is damn expensive too Ducksta!
Before people turned this hobby into a money making exercise, well tried too, things were a lot more simple. You trusted the people and who imported the fish and the quality of the fish spoke for their origins.
These days people are selling/claiming to have wild caught Psuedo's and all sorts of fish. No-one asks for a certificate to guarantee their origins. They just hand over their money and are none the wiser to what they have.

Hi,

I know this was discussed before..But

I am getting a lot of requests for certificates confirming my imported fish are wild, and quite frankly it is frustrating..

my response is always the same:

Certificates are meaningless if issued by the importer. I could buy tank raised and give you a cert saying they are wild, I printed from my inkjet.. Certs only mean something if the african collectors issue them, and then they are tracked all the way from the lake to Australia. As far as I know no certs in Australia are issued by the collectors themselves? I can send you an email confirming I've purchased from supplier as wild fish.

I think this is a reasonable response. It appears this marketing move has served others well in the past, but it needs to be made clear it doesn't guarantee they are wild. I know by me not offering Cert's I am losing sales, but this is my position.

It comes down to the buyer trusting the importer and the importer trusting their supplier..

Cheers Grant

I agree on your position.. I think your reputation in the hobby is enough to quote to verify the specimens are at least of quality.

Hopefully there are no loosers taking advantage of your reputation and selling fish they 'claim' were purchased from you!

Archived