Sera gH Test Kits

Ben

Anyone else find these don't work. 60 drops later into water straight from the tap and still I didn't reach the end point (green). I have two kits, one is 3 plus years old and a brand new one and both dont reach the end point (old kit 60 drops, new kit 100+ drops). :dntknw:

The kH and pH kits (old and new) I have no issue with and both give approximately the same reading.

If others have had the same issue I will contact Sera and see what they have to say. The LFS is more than willing to refund the product and take it up with the distributor in case you're wondering. :thumb

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Firthy,

The two I have work as well as free ones but at $17 each I expected a little more. :)

Hi Jim,

Sure have, after 100 drops I gave up and went and tested the tap water to try for a result and found the same thing.

I just did a comparison with Sera against a API kit i have, both turned at 12 drops which is around the norm for Adelaide water both kits are before use by dates though.

Yours may just be a bad batch maybe as i have rarely had any issues with Sera kits..

Reply from sera FYI.

expired GH test kits do not give a clear red or green color but just turn yellowish or brown while this color becomes more intense when adding more reagent. Such tests can unfortunately not be used any more and need to be replaced with fresh ones.

Archived