Riverside Aquarium - The Next Generation

Link2Hell

Riverside Aquarium sort of changed hands earlier this year but ...............

what was looking like a bright outcome became a bottom of the harbour

scheme that would have seen it close it's doors and have Sydney loose

another of it's long term LFS

The good news is that it has a new owner again and I can only say

I think it's in good hands and I hope rises to the top of local LFS

:clap Congratulations AndrewP on a brave move into the ownership of

an aquarium shop in todays financial constrains but with your history of

working in the industry and commitment with NSWCS I feel you can get

it running and develop a loyal client base

Andrew is in the process of becoming a sponsor on ACE so stay tuned

for updates and specials

Riverside Aquarium same place Ninth Ave campsie ............ I'm heading

over this arvo to see how things look

I suggest you guys drop in and say G'day to him

Remember Andrew has a knowledge of freshwater and marine aquariums

plus herps (we know there are lots of reptile keepers out there)

All the best Andrew :thumbup:

Yeah it's open!!! I was there this morning and looking forward to seeing it fully stocked!

I have known Andrew for over 18 years and there are not many fish keepers with more knowledge than him and I wish him all the best and hopefully as many people as possible will support him and Riverside Aquarium!

Cheers,

Damo

brave my man.

it's not our economy, it's the lack of species we can import which is killing our hobby.

for the last 5 years, I have yet to see any aquarium with oddballs. Only usual guppies, goldfish, blue, yellow etc.

our government is destroying our hobby supposely to protect our natives.

unless this changes, aquarium is very dangerous business to own.

wish you the best of luck and hope you can source some oddballs :) (aka strange knife fish and mormyrid type for me :))

Thank you everyone for your kind words and messages of support! This was a tough decision and I am scared and excited all at the same time.

The business name of Riverside Aquarium is no longer, sadly. I have purchased only the fixtures and fittings from Norm and I have taken over the lease under the name of Labyrinth Aquarium. I am in the process of organising signage, logos, marketing, etc. I am waiting on OPtus to connect the phone and internet, so for the time being, you may all contact me by mobile on 0417 651 573. Once the phone is on, I will have EFTPOS available, but for now, I can only accept cash.

I have stocked about 80% of the tanks with a huge range of something for everyone. I have some very special Tangs and Malawis, including two species not seen for a very long time (both Tangs). The big displays are being worked on and promise to be something awesome!

I am aware of what happened with Abyss and I will offer no thoughts on it. This is my shop, I am a different person, and my friendship with Norm Halliwell is firm and enduring. Norm has been completely honest and I have absolutely no reason to think otherwise.

I want to thank everyone around me for keeping my dreams and passions alive! I also want to thank Norm Halliwell for his amazing commitment to our hobby. Many of you would not be aware, but if not for Norm's persistent influence on the powers that be, we would have lost Cichlids to the law circa 1980. Anyone who has a Cichlid has Norm to thank for it. I promise to continue his good work always. Another thank you needs saying - to Carol and Laurie of St George Aquariums, who shepherded me, taught me, and are considered family by me.

Chris, Craig, Gus, Damo, Mel & Mil, and all who visited on my first day - you made my day a ripper!! It's always great to see you, but today was extra special!

Everyone is welcome to visit, if only to browse, or come away with something interesting. You will have extremely competitive pricing, honest advice, and healthy livestock. As you help grow me, I can grow the shop into what you want it to be.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Chris, Craig, Gus, Damo, Mel & Mil, and all who visited on my first day - you made my day a ripper!! It's always great to see you, but today was extra special!

Well thats just lovely :lol3:

Andrew has only been set up for 2 days and already has 2 cichlids in stock that have not been seen for some time Neolamprologus mustax and Neolamprologus christyi...as well as a good selection of other species.

I am sure that the list of fish available will only grow in the weeks to come with Andrews knowledge and contacts ..good luck for the future. :thumbup:

Kevin

Thanks again everyone!

I forgot to add, I will be open 10am to 6pm - 7 days a week. In answer to an earlier question, interstate shipping will be available soon, but not at the moment. Send me a PM if you are interstate and looking for something in particular. :)

See you all soon!

Andrew.

although i have only been a member at the club for 6 months i see andrew as a bloke who has a serious passion for the hobby and a brilliant knowledge of many species....good luck with the new shop and i will definately visit soon, im a tad excited about the mustax, its been quite sometime since ive seen any

Congrats Andrew. This is great news for everyone.

Although I suspect this was mostly a cunning ploy to have more tank space to keep everything that catches your eye!

I'll be in for a visit when I have a free weekend.

Nice work Andrew. Only a few months ago I was tempted to order some N Mustax as I saw them on an order list. Again it for the same reason that everyone has mentioned, I hadn't seen or heard of them for a long while. I resisted but only just maybe if they close at hand I wouldn't be able to resist at all. :lol5: .

cheers

rosco

well done andrew,

Don't forget those of us from the "darkside"

Norm always had the odd american (XXL extremely rare at this size)

Thanks again, everyone! I really appreciate the kind words and support. A few of you have visited me already and I am grateful for the business!

Rosco, the N. mustax are lovely - you could do a lot worse than the quality of those guys...

Fishguts, I LOVE the American Cichlids and have some gems in stock. Come and check it out!

Andrew.

Archived