Cyprichromis sp kibishi wimple

Jamesmac

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm interesting

Maybe they were just Cyprichromis sp. Kibishi but then names changed to leptosoma and then finally to zonatus or vice verse

In either case, leptosoma are allowed in Australia

and I have personally seen pavo and zonatus and know of a few people with them

No josh not the same

No yellow on the belly or flanks and has purple streak on the head

Shon leptosoma or sp there is kibishi but kibishi wimple have the purple on the head

As far as I can tell

Come from the Congo

Cheers

Where did you get those pictures from? that you posted

I don't see the purple you are talking about on the head

Unless you mean the few bits above the eye, then the link I provided show the same thing

Those sorts of colours come from reflections from the scales, it depends on the lighting used, camera flash or sunlight etc. to be able to see it

This all makes no sence? You are buying some but you want to know if they are here?

Just checked some books I have and the tanganyikan cichlids in their natural habitat states that the leptosoma wimple has been changed to cyprichromis zebra aka zonatus

Same fish as in the video I posted?

lol that's what I thought...

There's no picture for reference but here's what it says:

"the fourth species, C. sp. "zebra" (also known as the "Wimple Leptosoma") can be recognised by its yellowish colouration, lack of conspiciuous colours and broad vertical bars which are not permanently exhibited" ...

Absolutely josh for the price they command and saying they are very rare it's good to check first before you buy with experts like yourself shon parksey

Just remember a few years ago, Xenotilapia ornatipinnis came in, turns out they were actually Xenotilapia Sima, and Xenotilapia Sima were actually Xenotilapia boulengeri

However most shops and people still call Xenotilapia Sima as Xenotilapia ornatipinnis moliro firestream

when I don't think 99% of people have actually ever seen what a true Xenotilapia ornatipinnis looks like

Where does it say name change shon it says also known as

That's why they say sp

There seems to be distinctive coloration differences with this species these came from the Congo

Does it mention location in your book

Archived