My Xmas Fulu are breeding help!

Adzzy

Hi

My Xmas Fulu started breeding this morning in a community tank and the female now has a mouth full of eggs, can someone please give me some tips ie. when is it time to strip them, how is this done, once striped then what?

Congratulations on the spawn.

If this is the first spawn then she may not hold for long and may spit out the eggs when you feed the others. If she is an older breeder and she is used to breeding she will normally hold for 18-20 days.

I suggest that if you are not confident in stripping the fry then make a fry saver out of an ice cream container and place her in the saver closer to the normal holding time and let her spit in the fry saver.

I will post up some instructions on how to make one.

Here is a good example on stripping fry if you want to give it a go.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/stripping.php

Thanks Ged

This is her first spawn and I have feed the fish several times and she is still holding them touch wood

instruction on making a fry saver would be good cheers

Addzy, i breed these guys and they are prolific breeders. i once stripped a 4cm Fulu female at about day 18 and she had 7 free swimming fry.

I strip at approx day 18 usually so they're free swimming and don't need tumbling.

Congrats on the first spawn.

Cheers Couchy

Thanks Ged to easy and done, i have now also made a egg tumbler also very easy and works really well they are suspended well in the tumbler with plenty of water flow.

I stripped the eggs on day 5 and in total she was holding 30 eggs now lets just wait and see if they develope and she produces more i know the male is trying his hardest

• 2 weeks later...

Archived