just bred these couple..hybrids?

paul200200

Paul, what colour are the fry so far? From research and my own experience with several bloodlines, you will end up with either:

1. Red OB Peacocks

2. OB Dragon Bloods

3. A batch of splits (50/50 of each type)

4. You will probably have some throwback back grey fry too

5. A mix of everything above

As already stated, the parents are hybrids themselves, and a large amount of peacock varieties (and most likely haps/mbuna's) have entered the bloodlines. I personally have seen "pure" DB Peacocks (both male and female) produce OB Peacock fry.

Cheers

i hate to nit pick but i think a pure breed hybrid is an oxymoron. You may have potentially seen a stable hybrid but not a pure bred hybrid. By definition i would think a pure breed fish is a fish that that breeds that way in it's nature habit without intervention. If a hap would breed would breed with a mbuna in nature then and consistently produce the same fry it may become"pure". Just because a dominant gene consistently presents itself doesn't make it pure.

Imho

Rosco

Rosco, thats why I put "pure" in quotation marks...You are right, there not pure at all...but most people would expect DB x DB to result in 100% DB, possibly some grey throwbacks, not OB throwbacks...I agree the word "stable hybrid", is a better choice...but either way I think my point is made, cheers

Archived