Source of Chalinochromis sp. and tankmates

Mountainmark

I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for any of the chalinochromis species? I am looking to put some in a spare 4ft but they are hard to come by and a trip to visit the usaul shops down in sydney takes all day from up here. I like popelini and bifrenatus but could handle brichardi aswell.

Also i was wondering what i might be able to keep with them in the 4x2x1.5high. Current options are julies, multis, maybe yellows, or some other shellie (probably one of the less common ones) I'd probably only be looking for one companion species so that i could have a go at breeding them and icreasing the number and quality of both species in the tank.

I'd be looking at getting fish into the tank around early-mid Feb if that is of any use to anyone.

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...
Current options are julies, multis, maybe yellows, or some other shellie (probably one of the less common ones)

hmmm...it is not easy to find compatible tank-mates for Chalinochromis...tho many have tried.

Julies will deffinately not suit as a tank-mate and it will take a little bit of fiddle, while setting-up, to get the tank right for other inhabitants.

I have not tried L.ocellatus with Chalino's but I have seen Alto's share with them(Chalino's) with no problems. Also Cyp's(et al) seem to go well with the Chalino's as long as the tank is deep enough to keep them seperated.

HTH

Archived