Giant Gourmis

D6C1

Hi all,

I've recently looked at a Pink Giant Gourmi approx 28cms to live along with my approx 20cm Grey Giant Gourami in a 6x2x2 with a 40cm jardini, plecos and clownloaches.

I am worried that the larger gourami might bully/attack the smaller gourmi..

Anyone keep two of them with different sizes with no problems?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity.... do you feed your giants raw vegies??

I used to raise them in a farm in Indonesia, and once a week I fed them kangkong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipomoea_aquatica or some other vegies that's easily available in Indonesia.

They'd eat the whole thing including the vegie stalks, fun to watch when they do it

Obviously, the idea was to cut cost but also good for them as in the wild they do eat a good portion of vegies as their diet

Mate,

you might also want to try to move your grey out of its original tank, put him elsewhere first by himself and put the new pink in your main tank. Then after few weeks, try to put the grey back in (as the pink has managed to settle in) and see how the 2 go

Adding another grey won't really help... I had a pond full of greys and there was this one aggresive dude that kept picking on one unlucky mate, till he finally killed him :cryblow:

The others just stood there, watched and not get picked on at all by the agro one :dntknw:

so the idea was to move the grey out of his main territory first (and let him lose it by moving him somewhere) and get the pink to establish his own in the main tank ... so when you move the grey back, it's like introducing him to a 'new' tank

• 5 weeks later...

i have a red tail gg 40cm, and 55cm female pink gg both in an 8x2 with plenty of other tank busters in there with them, no problem at all. I guess it is just trial and error, i have had many giant gg's that didn't get along in the past. So just be prepared to move them if they fight. In my experience it is better to have the female bigger than the male.

• 3 years later...

Just out of curiosity.... do you feed your giants raw vegies??

I used to raise them in a farm in Indonesia, and once a week I fed them kangkong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipomoea_aquatica or some other vegies that's easily available in Indonesia.

They'd eat the whole thing including the vegie stalks, fun to watch when they do it

Obviously, the idea was to cut cost but also good for them as in the wild they do eat a good portion of vegies as their diet

love the fish in indonesia man! wish we could import all the fish from south east asia otherwise i'd only be keeping arowana and goldfish! are you indonesian?

• 3 months later...

Archived