Aqua one cf1200 leaking?

howard

Hi guys, im always buying these filters because they do a good job, but i get an odd 1 or 2 which work fine then after a clean out , i put it back together and plug in and come back the next day with a puddle around the canister, i thought these things were securely shut, i dont know wats the problem :dntknw:

has this happened to anyone :confused:

Need more info mate

leaking from taps ?

round the rubber seal ?

thats the older model did you get the same with newer ones

Aquis 1200

BFJ

That's my problem i don't know from where it seems like it's coming from underneath , and between the bcket and the motor , is that possible

Need more info mate

leaking from taps ?

round the rubber seal ?

thats the older model did you get the same with newer ones

Aquis 1200

BFJ

That's my problem i don't know from where it seems like it's coming from underneath , and between the bcket and the motor , is that possible

I've had similar problems once, it tends to be the o-ring that sits between the motor head and the canister, over time the o ring hardens into a position, then once you open it and break it's seal it tends not to go back in to it's original spot, thus the small leak. Just a matter of replacing the main rubber o ring. Either that or it could be a small o ring in the taps. Also make sure the grey hose fixings that screw the tubing into the canister aren't cracked and can be tightened.

Not that it's much help but I had exactly the same filter and that exact problem.

Mine leaked between the canister and head, which was most likely the main seal.

I was lucky to have a spare and have been using it until now, but now that seal is going too so I'm in need of a new seal.

Let me know if you find a place that sells the seals and I'll do the same. Cheers.

Not that it's much help but I had exactly the same filter and that exact problem.

Mine leaked between the canister and head, which was most likely the main seal.

I was lucky to have a spare and have been using it until now, but now that seal is going too so I'm in need of a new seal.

Let me know if you find a place that sells the seals and I'll do the same. Cheers.

Thanks so much to the both of you , I guess I'm on the lookout now for one now ,

Update... Went to re-install my filter after 2 months off - no go!

It leaked, even with changing the o rings - I'm now in the market for an Eheim.

The filter ran well for 2 years but as everyone has said, as soon as you clean it - leaks.

Best of luck with yours!

Archived