My Jags have Bred! (i think)

vieja

I think (hope) my jaguar cichlids have bred... there are small white balls on the glass bottom of the tank and a few stuck to the sides of tank, they seem to be covered with a furry type of stuff (his semen??).

at first i thought they were just white pebbles that had been missed (they have been digging a nest).

could anyone fill me in on jags... and what to do now i'm a proud parent.... (i am, aren't i??

it does sound like your jags have bred but theat white furry stuff might be fungus, you will notice the mother (mostly) cleaning out the 'bad eggs' from the rest, chuck a spare airstone in with them (which will probably be attacked) are they extra aggressive at the moment? , what else is in with them? what size tank? do you have another spare tank to relocate the fry to?

good luck mate

seems to be my male doing most of the cleaning (which worries me a little)

they are in a 6x2x2 which i have partitioned the last foot and a half off for them... my male is super aggressive (smashing my larger red devil)

i can relocate them... but last time i did that with lombardoi fry and lost the lot....

will definately try the airstone.... thanks

appreciate your help mate

Archived