Decoration: Shells (001)

Hey guys,

tried to go fishing at Cabarita wharf yesterday, but the tide was sooo low and the water was so dirty and murky. Also there were quite a few ppl on the wharf as well...so i guess fishing there will only tangle lines up.

Anyway, since it was low tide, i found some shells, similar to the mystery snail shells, that were empty and perfect for some small shelldwellers like multifasciatus. so if any of you want free shells - head down to cabarita wharf after you reply to this post. LOL.gifLOL.gif

my question is are these shells safe to use after soaking them in tap water for a few days?

thanks!

laugh.gif

Hi

Where is this cabarita wharf situated in?

Sounds good tongue.gif

If theres nothing in the shells, then i guess you can use them after they are in tap water.

I use shells from the beach in my tank for decoration and they are going good so far!

Cheers Daniel!

I would have thought that marine shells would be OK if cleaned well. It is the other type of shells that you have to be careful of. One type in particular can be quite dangerous to your health and reputation if not handled and treated properly. laugh.gif (sorry, couldn't resist)

"I would have thought that marine shells would be OK if cleaned well. It is the other type of shells that you have to be careful of. One type in particular can be quite dangerous to your health and reputation if not handled and treated properly. (sorry, couldn't resist) " - from Shell

Just a heads up to all that haven't met her yet - This shell should also be boiled in salted water before safe to handle LOL.gifLOL.gif

SHELL: I could resist that one either woot.gif

ah cabarita, once a favourite of mine for a quick getaway.

haven't had much luck there lately.

caught a pretty big ray there once on live krill...with a float laugh.gif

anyways yeah wash them shells well...parramatta river...need i say more tongue.gif

then again i do eat the fish i catch there unsure.gif

ryan.

The best place I've seen for shells like the ones said above is Brighton le sands beach. In the winter time is better as it seems heaps of people collect the shells there in summer. I've seen the mystery snail style shells there up to 7cm wide. Never used them though as I'm not an African fan...

Archived