airlab pondpro ev20

flamjam

Bought one of these as I needed a couple more air pumps and figured just having one large one might the way to go. Its extremely quiet (even more quiet than my small 100l/h pump) and pumps more than enough air for my 4 tanks (I even had to buy some control valves!!). I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new pump that pumps a heap of air. Hopefully it's built well and lasts a long time!

I bought one about a month ago and was a bit disappointed that it was a little noisy. It is in my living area so I might be a little over critical. Suppose whisper quiet isn't silent lol

The pump itself does work very well though. Could have had an airflow dial or something to control the air if needed.

A few inches off end of air pump, wack a manual valve in.

Unless your worried about efficiency. (in this case a pump slightly rated higher than needed output).

It may be debatable, but I believe running a air pump with a small percentage of back pressure increases life.

Actually, also noticed that pumps rated on the noisy side will actually be very noisy under a bit of back pressure.

I run very big pumps so bigger parts bigger noise.

Got 2 x Max size LP's,,,,,,, most powerful when compared to other brands rated at same size.

LP's though are fairly noisy but very low pitch.

Also run 6 x max size of pond one's.

2 x medium

2 x smallest

Pond one's at same rating noticeabley slighty less in grunt,,,,, but certainly way more quite.

Old models of pond one at the 8000 size had premature diaphragm failure.

All good now though.

Rest of original buys of pond ones still going strong.

Buuuut the LP's at different times cooked and stopped and replaced with new LP's,,,, (choice for extra grunt)..

Can say the right choice was made from start for mainly Pond One's.

Archived