how many times can i feed blood worms

Fins

<H1>how many times can i feed blood worms in a week</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: akaomar</STRONG><BR><BR>hi

<br>

i was wondering how many times can i feed blood worms to my gombes and bristlenose. I feed them twice a week, can I increase that or is it bad for them for their health and digestive system ?????????

<br>

<br>

and some one told me that blood worms cause diseases like hole in the head etc ,,,,,,is this true !!!!!!!!!!!!!

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

thanks Omar

<p></P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Anita ozfish</STRONG><BR><BR>I recommend it only once a week Omar, not more.

<br>

I have certainly never heard of it being responsible for hole in the head. In my opinion, that is a stress related problem - not food.

<p>

<br>

electral@bigpond.com

|

web

|

Sydney, Australia.

<br></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: YeW2001</STRONG><BR><BR>I'm with Anita - once or twice a week maximum. Julies are micropredators - so they can definately eat bloodworms (which are arthropod larvae) I'd feed them a staple frozen DIY or pelleted food also.

<br>

<br>

Also I agree with Anita re: HITH disease. It is almost certainly stress related - anyway it is relatively rare in africans.

<br>

<p>

<br>

-- YeW | ICQ: 259452</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: airfish</STRONG><BR><BR>Correct me if i am wrong here people but i think hole in the head is caused by a Protazoa Hexamita. I agree blood worm is fine to feed to most fish. My wife feeds it to her oscars every day and there fine and healthy.

<br>

<br>

<br>

Nigel

<p>

<br>

Guildford N.S.W.</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: THERMOFISH</STRONG><BR><BR>

<br>

Yeh, ive got americans and i feed them bloodworms every second day. Ive never had a problem and they love it.

<br>

<br>

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: YeW2001</STRONG><BR><BR>Hi Nigel -

<br>

<br>

I agree that HITH is caused by the protozoan you mention - however - I think if you tested the water of most tanks you'd fine Hexamita present... I think it is an opportunistic pathogen only infected stressed fish

<br>

<br>

<p>

<br>

-- YeW | ICQ: 259452</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: akaomar</STRONG><BR><BR>thanks for the reply guy's and gril's

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

omar

<p></P></DIV>

Archived