Dream mbuna tank?

LexyBoi

What is your dream mbuna tank? Simple question but it must work together! (No bloodbaths, my friend just got a 160 litre tank so he was going to look into a stocking list for it with mbuna, so not too pricey or hard to find but something that will stand out ill tell you guys which one he chooses then get some photo's for u guys! Please tell me everything I am more of a aulonocara guy myself, so tell me everything! 253f6d85f4b28d9a6d4e7114c48c44a3.jpg

Favourite picture [emoji115][emoji121]️[emoji115][emoji121][emoji115]

"mbuna" is African tongue for "Rock Dwelling Cichlid".

The species "Aulonocara" are a extremely diverse locational specie and should only be considered as pure if shipped in from Germany or bought from someone reputable that's trustworthy in saying so.

The pic you have posted is not a mbuna nor a Aulonocara,,,, It's a Red cap Lethrinops "redcapuz". Stunning fish.

Lethrinops Albus is another stunner.

"mbuna" is African tongue for "Rock Dwelling Cichlid".

The species "Aulonocara" are a extremely diverse locational specie and should only be considered as pure if shipped in from Germany or bought from someone reputable that's trustworthy in saying so.

The pic you have posted is not a mbuna nor a Aulonocara,,,, It's a Red cap Lethrinops "redcapuz". Stunning fish.

Lethrinops Albus is another stunner.

Yes I know, oh geez sorry, I know what mbuna are pseudo'a lab's ect I breed ngara flame tails from German blood lines have like 40 fry atm almost 2cm, but I found the pic of the red cap and it was amazing so just wanted to share! What are some good mbuna that you would put in a tank?

i just bought some Ps acei "Tanzania" there stunning to watch with there yellow tails flickering.

thanks any other that would go with them I believe my friend has a mamba a cobalt and something else any other tank mates???

With mbuna, I always like a good mix of colours and shapes so they look like a constantly moving kaleidoscope as they chase each other around and compete for territories :)

Some suggestions are electric yellows (yellow & black), maingano (light/dark blue vertical striples), red zebras (orange), hongi (purple/orange), pindani/cobalt zebras (irridescent pale blue), Labidochromis chisumulae (white/purple), acei "Tanzania" (black/yellow), kingsizei (pale blue/white), saulosi (light blue/dark blue horizontal stripes, orange females).

Cheers, Doug

I suggest any Pseudo Acei variant

Electric Yellows

Pseudo Elongatus Chewere

Pseudo Cobalt blue zebra

Iodotropheus Sperengerae [ Rusty]

Pseudo Socolofi [Pindani]

Melonochromis Joanjohnsonae [Exasperatus]

Pseudo Saulosi

There will always be a pecking order but these are fairly peaceful.

With mbuna, I always like a good mix of colours and shapes so they look like a constantly moving kaleidoscope as they chase each other around and compete for territories :)

Some suggestions are electric yellows (yellow & black), maingano (light/dark blue vertical striples), red zebras (orange), hongi (purple/orange), pindani/cobalt zebras (irridescent pale blue), Labidochromis chisumulae (white/purple), acei "Tanzania" (black/yellow), kingsizei (pale blue/white), saulosi (light blue/dark blue horizontal stripes, orange females).

Cheers, Doug

Just one of each? My friend likes this the most, does he need females? I'll keep you guys updated!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived