anyone still breeding msobo ? not many around

LithoMan

After loading the above pictures the male I had been trying to get a reasonable shot of all night was just sitting there watching me.

Young%20Male%20Msobo_zpswuhxay1z.jpg

Then the old man of the tank who I hadn't seen colour up in months decided he wanted a shot at the title.

shot%20at%20the%20title_zpsxctfx1yf.jpg

This being the prize.

prize_zpss6z6oepz.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good stuff Ben that is a good mouthful. They are hard fish to keep breeding. I think that the one of the keys might be to keep adding girls and moving the boys out. Plus I don't think I had perfect water conditions because I was running too many colonies and tanks and I didn't give them the time they deserved.

Cheers

Rosco

I had 1 male and 8 females @ 7 cms in a 3x2x2 tank

They had not bred so I dropped the temp to 24 degrees did a 50% water change then increased the temp to 28 degrees.

The next day 1 female had a mouthful only 12 fry but it was a start.

I only got 4 mouthfuls over the next 6 months so they were not prolific breeders.

That was my experience.

I don't know what I am doing right but I stripped two girls two weeks ago and have three girls with mouthfuls at the moment. One of those three mouthfuls happened while I was refilling the tank during a water change.

Now I just need the fry to pack on some size. I don't want another tank but really need a bigger grow out tank.

Archived