sick S. multipunctatus

<H1>sick S. multipunctatus ?</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: lokopraning</STRONG><BR><BR>hi all

<br>

<br>

i'm not sure if my Synodontis multipunctatus is sick or not.

<br>

but i found him this morning and it looks like his skin has been peeled off. it starts halfway his body close to the top fin and it's just in the middle part of his body.

<br>

it's like pinkish and the rest of the body is white with those spots. there are no spots in the pinkish part.

<br>

it's swimming well and it's eating and actually as active as ever.

<br>

<br>

i've placed all my fish in a plastic tub with box filter powered by airpump since i sold my tank because we're going to move soon and i'm planning on getting a bigger tank once we move to the new place.

<br>

<br>

anyone out there experienced the same thing?

<br>

<br>

thanks

<p>

Loko

<br>

<br>

<br>

Email me:

loko@yada-yada.com

<br>

Bankstown area, Sydney

<br>

<br>

Add me to your list! ICQ 54591217

<br>

<br>

"Look after the water, and the water will look after your fish." <??}}}}><

<br>

<br>

Pix of my fish

<br>

<br>

Cichlid City</P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Jay TT</STRONG><BR><BR>Ive had a simiular problem from my male multy harassing my females by chaseing them 24/7, biting them just behind the dorsal fin. Separation from the male is the only cure & a dose of 'Melafix'

<br>

<br>

J.T.

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Boots n all</STRONG><BR><BR>it sounds like its the only Syno you have from the way talk, has the problem only occurred since he went into the plastic tub? it could the tub causing the problem?

<br>

<br>

Hey Jaytt, why dont you post the pic's of your half eaten catch from your fishing trip, and possibly the one that did the biting

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: lokopraning</STRONG><BR><BR>yey finally got a reply!

<br>

<br>

thanks

<br>

<br>

i feel so sorry for my multi. the injury is soooo bad, i can now see the tip of its bones!

<br>

<br>

the flesh is like being eaten away.

<br>

<br>

i went to auburn and they suggested i use myaxin(?? sorry forgot spelling)

<br>

<br>

i've been soaking cotton ear buds on the meds and dubbing it gently as possible to the open wound. i've also put the meds in the tub.

<br>

<br>

i only have two multis infected. the other one is not too bad. the wound is probably less than a cm wide on each side.

<br>

<br>

i've taken photos but i think it's too blurry, i'll try and post it anyway.

<br>

<br>

i've been using the tub for water preparations before.

<br>

there are other fish in the tub and so far, none of them have the same problem.

<br>

<br>

so far, the two sick multis are still swimming, eating and active.

<br>

<br>

<p>

Loko

<br>

<br>

<br>

Email me:

loko@yada-yada.com

<br>

Bankstown area, Sydney

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

Pix of my fish

<br>

<br>

Cichlid City</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: oo Spooky oo</STRONG><BR><BR>Gday Loko,

<br>

it could also be a bacterial problem or even chlorine burn?? ive heard that excessive amounts of chlorine if water isnt aged long enough -water ager that chlorine can burn off fins and do quite some damage...sorry to hear your having probs with yuour multies...

<p>

cheers

<br>

Daniel.....

<br>

<br>

soulfly_maximus@hotmail.com

<br>

coburg Melbourne

<br>

<br>

....I once had a handle on life and then it broke....</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: aymenz</STRONG><BR><BR>hey loko....

<br>

<br>

the same thing happened to my female jack demnpsey. the skin is about a cm peeled off... and you can see the felsh of it and it develops some sourt of fungus material on it .... do you guys think it will get the sacles back and the skin it used to have ?

<br>

<br>

<br>

and if so how????

<br>

what treatment to put ?

<br>

does melafix affect the other fish in the tank if the female is seperately kept, and if there's eggs for other fish ?

<br>

<br>

good luck with your multi loko...... i hope it will get better .....

<br>

<br>

thx in adv.

<br>

c ya

<br>

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: oo Spooky oo</STRONG><BR><BR>i would strongly recomend melafix for any extrenal wound or fungle problem...as for affecting other fish so long as you stick to the dosage rate none of your fish would be harmed

<p>

cheers

<br>

Daniel.....

<br>

<br>

<br>

coburg Melbourne

<br>

<br>

....I once had a handle on life and then it broke....</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: aymenz</STRONG><BR><BR>thx spooky

<br>

<br>

even if there's fish that spawned ?

<br>

<br>

c ya

<br>

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: oo Spooky oo</STRONG><BR><BR>yep even if the fish has spawned as malafix if anything will assist the eggs in preventing fungus to a certain degree..

<p>

cheers

<br>

Daniel.....

<br>

<br>

<br>

coburg Melbourne

<br>

<br>

....I once had a handle on life and then it broke....</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: lokopraning</STRONG><BR><BR>thanks daniel

<p>

Loko

<br>

<br>

<br>

Email me:

loko@yada-yada.com

<br>

Bankstown area, Sydney

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

Pix of my fish

<br>

<br>

Cichlid City</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: lokopraning</STRONG><BR><BR>thanks daniel for the reply.

<br>

hmmm.. i'll consider that chlorine burn. but then again, when i put the water in the tub, i waited a couple of days before i added the fish. i put prime and some salt and buffer agents on the water, made sure the temp is the same.

<br>

the only thing i can think of was aggression with other multis.

<br>

the other two multis are fine (i have 4)

<br>

<br>

hey aymenz

<br>

yeah, the wound on 1 multi is less than 1cm in length. the worst one is about 3cm in length and the wound covers the back between the tail and the top fin.

<br>

<br>

good luck with yours too

<p>

Loko

<br>

<br>

<br>

Email me:

loko@yada-yada.com

<br>

Bankstown area, Sydney

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

Pix of my fish

<br>

<br>

Cichlid City</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: oo Spooky oo</STRONG><BR><BR>in that case Noel it sounds like agression like Jaytt said one multi would have been riding the other to much and caused the wound....try and seperate them indervidually so they can recover and that the agression will also cease....and stick with the melafix

<p>

cheers

<br>

Daniel.....

<br>

<br>

<br>

coburg Melbourne

<br>

<br>

....I once had a handle on life and then it broke....</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: aymenz</STRONG><BR><BR>thx loko and spooky for the info......

<br>

<br>

and loko good luck with yours too

<br>

<br>

make sure you seperate before the treatments like spooky said

<br>

<br>

c ya

<br>

<p></P></DIV>

Archived