Some pics of Syn pair (updated)

Ivan.t

Wow!!!!! They are stunning mate and actually look pure compared to most I see around. Good too see some awesome quality around still, good on ya thanks heaps for sharing.

Wow!!!!! They are stunning mate and actually look pure compared to most I see around. Good too see some awesome quality around still, good on ya thanks heaps for sharing.

Sorry meant to use this quote. Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please hang onto these for at least another year till I've got the tank space so I can get ya to send me some fry to Adelaide hahahahahaha, never see em that good here anymore. Actually never thought I'd see syns that good ever again going by what quality we have to choose from here in SA.

Thanks guys, i'm incredibly happy with this pair, great temperament and always displaying. Quality wise I haven't seen any around this nice, not to say there aren't any, but certainly not common. They've been pretty consistent with spawning, Ill have some fry available soon, they're just over 1cm, 21 days since they were laid. Been pumping out baby brine shrimp like a production line haha

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks heaps guys, have a few updated pics, they've been spawning every fortnight over last 7 weeks. I left the last spawn with them, current spawn in the tank has been free-swimming for about 2 days.

Anyway, heres a few pics :)

Female getting a little defensive of the fry, they're tucked away behind the rock of the left. The little fish above the Syns is a Redtail Goodeid (xenotoca eiseni), have 6 males and 6 females in the tank with them, the syns dont pay any attention to them.

DSC00212_zpslpczmpyt.jpg

DSC00195_zpsrydmubyi.jpg

Shot of the big boy

DSC00196_zpswc1lwzbf.jpg

These are the fry from my last post.

This shot is from the 13/09

DSC00162_zpsa7gndjch.jpg

This one was taken today, 18/09. They're baout 1.5cm now. Eggs were laid on the 20/08.

(sorry for the messy tank, fed them just before)

DSC00259_zpshmmvq5zo.jpg

DSC00265_zpsis7kddsa.jpg

and just one more of this guy :smile:

DSC00250_zpsnyrc5p6w.jpg

Thanks Ged! Very happy with the growth rate so far, they're 1 month old tomorrow, i measured a few and most are just over 2cm now. from my experience that's pretty decent. Got some more pics coming up shortly with parents and free swimming fry :p

Sweet as can't wait to see them. Do you ever ship fry interstate if the orders are big enough? Planning on having quite a bit of tank space earlyish next year an am dying to grow out a group of young syns for 1 or 2 decent ones. All I ever see round here in Adelaide are cross bred pale ugly looking things these days. Always been a fave of mine

• 1 month later...

Great photos!!

Thanks mate! They're a pretty great pair, easy to get good pics of, except the female at the moment. You can hear her teeth scraping against the glass as you walk past the tank haha, shes not the friendliest at the moment. :lol2:

damn I wish my green terror pair would care for fry until that size instead of breeding again 2-3 weeks later and eating the larger fry as thy are trying to pick off the parents new clutch of eggs lol.

Mate im honestly surprised my self how well these guys are looking after the fry, the fry in the tank with the parents are about 3cm now. The upside is the parents are still eating like pigs so instead of spawning they're putting on a fair bit of size, the girls gotten pretty fat :p

That's awesome mate they obviously are great parents. My male GT always wants to breed again a couple of days after spawning lol. The female will usually give in once fat again then lose all my little fry lol. think I need another tank to let mum take care of the kids lol. I bet your baby syns start colouring from a young age.

Archived