RonnyM's Tanganyikan 6x2 (lots of pics)

RonnyM

Hi all,

haven't posted in a while. Just thought I'd share some of my tanks and current projects starting with my Tang 6x2.

I got some F1 Moba from Lloyd Ashton back in March.

I was very happy with the quality. These guys have grown really fast!

At first, there was some M. boesemani in there and some clown loaches but they have since been removed.

Current stock list is 25 F1 Moba and 6 WC tricoti and a BN in there somewhere lol.

I'll be updating this thread as the fish grow :)

Before the fish

DSC_0961_zpsede9hg4b.jpg

DSC_0962_zpsqz635qfj.jpg

When they first arrived-

You can't really tell in this photo because of the position of the clown loaches, but the biggest Moba was about the same size as the clown loaches.

DSC_1108_zpsl8vqud8o.jpg

DSC_1131_zpsr2cthi5u.jpg

DSC_1112_zpsro8rfmic.jpg

Cheers

RonnyM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About a month later, I changed the lighting.

The original light was a 5 foot UpAqua ProZR LED.

I changed the lights over to 2 UpAqua Nano LEDs. The tank has 2 18cm units. Great little lights for dirt cheap. $35 each!

A month later and they're a bit bigger than the clown loaches -

DSC_1522_zpsujf76xqw.jpg

Cheers

RonnyM

One food that I had been feeding the Moba were some JD fry that I had pumped with live baby brine shrimp (Gut loaded feeders :))

I think this was one of the main factors contributing to their fast growth.

Cheers

RonnyM

2 months later and these guys have well and truly settled in.

In the video, at 17 seconds, you can see them all rise to the top when they see me move expecting a feed lol.

DSC_2300_zpsmmfy2n8c.jpg

DSC_2308_zpsujkzw5x9.jpg

DSC_2305_zps1zaadwon.jpg

DSC_2414_zpsxbicfrec.jpg

Cheers

RonnyM

Almost 3 months on -

I've started playing with an external flash for my photos. The results are much better. The more I learn about the settings, the better the pics get :)

DSC_3020_zpsv3rodjij.jpg

DSC_3014_zpsgxdbxwqk.jpg

DSC_3037_zpslfgjrod7.jpg

DSC_3065_zpszmam8pgh.jpg

Cheers

RonnyM

Wow, I like Ikola Blue Lightning fronnies but your Mobas are stunning. Great barring and colour.

Fantastic clear crisp photos.

When you feed are you putting your hand in the water to get them accustomed to their owner?

(Posting from Tapatalk account)

Thanks! I'm very happy with the quality of these guys. Highly reccomend Lloyds stock for anyone after Fronts or any tangs :)

I put my hand in to feed them just cos I thought it would be a cool video lol.

They were accustomed to me as their food source long before i put my hands in there :)

Great pictures Mate. I ve seem your male Benthochromis tricoti pic on facebook. That's awesome too. :thumbup:

Wait till you see the next few posts Buccal ;)

Last Friday, I noticed all the Moba were over to the right hand side. I thought this was odd until I saw the male tricoti displaying and chasing all the girls.

That in itself was exciting!

Imagine my excitement when I noticed he had finally attracted a girl and they were actually sawing!!! :D

DSC_3847_zpsfr1zkj0e.jpg

DSC_3815_zpsfxdprjck.jpg

DSC_3829_zpskl8n2x3u.jpg

DSC_3831_zpsx6yx81al.jpg

Keep an eye out at 00:7, you can see the female drop two eggs and at 00:31, you can see the male release sperm lol.

Cheers

RonnyM.

First batch from the first female to spawn. I only managed to get 5 eggs, she spat a few in the tank when I tried to catch her.

She was also the biggest female. Unfortunately, I think these eggs may be dead? They haven't gone mouldy but just don't look right so I'll keep tumbling until I'm sure they are dead.

Batch%201%20day%201_zpsjsgxorn1.jpg

These are from the second batch from a small female.

batch%202%20day%201_zpsddvqnai6.jpg

Cheers

RonnyM.

Ronny you have always been a fantastic photographer but i believe you have taken your photography to the next level and rival the professional fish photographers. Your videography is up ther as well.

The whole tanks shot are spectacular and you have controlled the iso, aperture and shutter speed to perfection.

I had to laugh at the frenetic speed of the Mobo at feeding time but the second video is the more sedate nature that I was expecting.

Congratulations on the spawn.

Great to have you back.

Thanks Ged :)

I got a new flash and am still learning how to use it. As the fish develop, so will my photography skills :D

In the first feeding vid, they are eating baby JDs. They go mental for them haha!

Cheers

RonnyM.

Archived