bloated wild caught frontosa mikula

Yabbie Dabbie Do

That's the thing, mine was still eating,, bit of a struggle, but still eating.

It could be just straight out blockage/constipation.

It would be good to reduce food down to ever second day with small feedings.

After antibiotics and anal relief probing lol,,,, not much else you can do really,, but wait it out.

Unfortunately I came home to find her dead today. It got the better of me so I cut her open to see if I could find the problem. She was egg bound with two rotten eggs in her and when I pierced her stomach it was full of a dark brown liquid looking a bit like urine. So she didn't have float in the end.

Turned into internal infection,,, soft and squishy stomach that's swollen is usually the browny, yellowy, greeny liquid that is the result.

Unfortunately getting egg bound, there's not much one can do except cross their fingers.

I've had this issue once before with B.nototaenia,,, cut open and believe what I saw were swollen bad looking eggs.

Very long time ago breeding Koi, also encountered the egg bound issue in a individual.

I'd say, when fish contract a internal bacterial issue,,,, the bacterial issue has always got to start somewhere in the fish.

Chances on occasions to contract bacterial issues,,, right at same time as eggs develope at that stage. (happening at same time on the eggs inside the fish).

I guess the more fish one keeps and/or more fish keeping hours,,,, increases probability of it happening I'd say,,, random luck added.

Unlikely you'd see this happen again.....

Archived