"assorted peacock"

Daryna88

Yep, just temporary.

I juice up my designers,, and always plucked these juiced ones for next breeders,,, and always have bred.

totally agree that there is more threat to Aulonacara from incorrect grouping of unidentified females to males than

with OB and Dragonbloods

if you are unsure of the source consider using something that will jack the colour like White Crane so the female

will show male colour at least you have an idea of what it is then and once you stop feeding the colour will fade

to normal female colour

I know what you mean,, but just making it clear for those that havnt encountered this subject much.

Only to jack the females to identify as a technique only to be used for hybrid breeding purpose.

I you get it wrong,, then it's ok, as they're just hybrids anyway.

Using G on all other species of juvie fish is only ok for sexing purposes, not identifying.

My practice: juice up 50 or so juvies, first five to color up put aside as keepers.

Next 50 juvies or so and put first ones to color again as keepers.

Do this three or four times.

Now,,,,, 90-95% of these will be male,,, buuuuut, that odd female here and there that colors fast are the more genetic colored ones.

And these females matched with A grade males produce killer offsprings,,,,, line breeding fast forwarded using the G technique.

For those that don't understand color enhancers,

Super G does not contain hormones Definetely,,, please, no one challenge this, waiste of time.

Super G unlike any other so called color enhancers is very special in the way it works.

It actually triggers the fishes own self production of male hormones and other bodily goodies that are responsible for extreme color increase.

Note, naturally fish and humans and many animals, males naturally produce eostrigen in small percentage and females produce testosterone in small amounts. (ever wondered why some Italian woman have little hair lips ??? Lol).

Well,,,,, super g white crane is desighned to unnaturally tip the balance of hormone production.

These self made hormones and other goodies (call them goodies to cut story short and simple),,, stimulate the fluorescence colors directly under the scales,, and something that generally only Malawi and very few tang fish have.

The G working at extreme outcomes are only seen in malawis.

The G a true color enhancer. And works very fast, days, as the trigger process is fast and responsive.

All other color promoting foods (not enhancing as false advertisement shows on many food packaging), are basically working by a very slow build up of various carotene complexes and the famous astaxanthin.

This color build up only shows color increase signs after the fishes body mass increases taking on these color promoters being astaxanthin and/or various carotenes,

Very typical is Atlantic or tasi salmon fillets which these fish have extreme amounts of astaxanthin incorporated into diets.

Astaxanthin increases mortality rate tenfold by supporting immune system and working as a probiotic.

Once upon a time I was heavy on astaxanthin for my fry growth,,, but since then I use as good alternatives but heaps cheaper.

I see to many people so adamant about their beliefs of color enhancers and way off track.

These natural trigger colorations in fish are actually supressed in our aquariums believe it or not.

Get a big tub/pond in the summer out in 60% sun and grow it with crazy amounts of algae and keep heavily airated and filtered.

Grow up some cichlids in it,,, you'll be amazed at the color popping increase,,, almost as if slightly on the G.... (just like my heated 20,000 liter outdoor grow out ponds)

The sun is responsible for increased color production.

Thanks people.

I can't comment on the Dianichi fx as I havnt used it before.

But likely the processes to make the food is expensive which reflects on the sale price.

Certain foods may be cheaper in other parts of the world where it's more favored.

Any claims on color enhancement would be more like color premoter.

When looking at foods you need to understand types of derivative proteins used in foods,,,, proteins are not just proteins, there's all different kinds,,, eg, protein from a mulie versus protein from spiralina.

Look at the fish you have, are they rock raspers/grazers, look at jaws and teeth.

Some fish need more vegetable protein types while others need less but more aquatic animal proteins.

It's getting the perfect measure for your fish types.

Secondly, personally I give up quality food for slightly less quality if it means less waiste.

Less waiste reduces disease and maintenance.

We already have great foods here in abundance,,,,,,,,

My take on the well known mainly used premium foods :

Spectrum, great balanced food that universally suits many species,, but it produces way to much waiste build up in filters and tank as it passes through fish to fast (which makes it a safe food mind you, no constipation, bloat or infections), but a lot needs to be fed to keep fish in condition.

Sera flora, gods gift, I feed this as staple to all predators and omnivores/herbivores, and feed additional meatier pellets such as brine shrimp pellet and otohime hirame pellet IN ACCORDANCE TO SPECIE TYPES. (as to how much for each specie type).

Get the meaty food feeding wrong and you could cause bloat.

Must be noted that fish aren't so sensitive to incorrect foods when water chemistry is at its best to suit the species.

Archived