cynotilipia afra "lion's cove" ?

parkesg

Hi Grant,

Here is a link to a pic of my dominant male lions cove: Cynotilapia sp lion "lions cove"

I have a bunch of younger ones which I'll try and get a decent photo of for you,

I have noticed amongst the group there are 2 colour morphs one with the yellow on the face & through the body and the other more just a darker purple blue with the standard barring.... I have found it hard to get decent pics of these as they are always on the move.

HTH

Christian yes.gif

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the complements, some of them are coming through more blue all over with the barring intensity depending on mood where others are showing some yellow in the face and body more like you see in the malawi cichlids 3 book...my 2 main girls I thought were males when smaller till they had mouthfulls .

These are some of the other Cynotilapia sp lion I have starting to colour they are in with “chewere” elongatus and yellows you will see in the pics that one of them is a more blue fish and the other has a yellow haze to it:URL=Pic 1 ]Pic 1

Pic 2,

Out of the 12 newer Sp. lion I have I'm finding it hard to still pick any girls they all look male but my first lot of 5 all looked like boys too and in the end it turned I had 2m & 3f.

Good luck with them mate my breeding girls never hold to term confused.gif

HTH

Christian

Archived