Someone who knows about sump/trickle help please.

jakekersley

Hello

I have just set up my tank and I am having a few doubts about my set-up.

Tank: 122x38x60

Sump: 770x310x380mm Not drilled (250 bio cubes) (http://www.aquariums...au/filtersp.htm)

Pump: resun SP-6000 (2800 l/ph)

Overflows: 2 drilled

The photo attached is how the LFS advised me to set up my trickle/sump (the water level sits one third of the cubes not half as shown).

Having this set up as advised, I found that the flow across the bio balls was poor and restricted.

I removed the media and the flow increased quite alot, I than moved the drain from the filter sock onto the drip tray and now the flow across the cubes is great!

Currently both drains are going onto the drip tray and the media ontop of the drip tray has been removed.

In the third chamber (far right) i have ceramic rings + a filter sock that is currently un-used .

Should I have a bigger pump so the drip tray is filled and I can use the other drain for the filter sock?

Is this set up going to achieve the best filtration possible?

Should I move the other drain to the filter sock and slightly slow the flow down across the cubes, or is more flow better?

As you can tell I am quite confused about this, I would more than appreciate some help/information

33caik7.png

Archived