Buccochromis Rhoadesii

Rastinger62

Thought I would share some buccochromis Rhoadesii pics I've recently taken of my colony.

There is 3m 9m 20-25cm in an 8x2x2 so still a bit more growing to go yet as they get up around 35-40cm in the right conditions.

Ill have to take some more pics when he goes into breeding mode again. he is much nicer again in colour and goes black in the anal fin, pectoral fins and tail. An awesome sight to see in person. My pics doesn't give them justice.

But anyways....

Enjoy [emoji41]

ac921528fee8dab8c0bbe2fdc498b87b.jpg

49f145b5b0d69442d0eeeb565fc1de6e.jpg

1e3fbbe0f26f5a7d0a5fbe8d7b8e25f0.jpg

de2f78590f3ec919822652a5730312de.jpg

351e41a31025282c9701c3e104f1747a.jpg

I just hooked up a led to take a feeding video to bring back memories for you firthy13 and why you should get some buccos again :)

The Aqua Zonic 4ft miracle light are awesome light but too bright for this tank so generally just have the garage lights on and that's enough light but I get reflections from the lights and other tanks. A problem to fix in the future lol

There will be plenty around oz when I'm finished with them lol. 250+ fry already growing out. Once there ready they will hit the forums and fb groups at a nice price. Main thing is others will get to enjoy such an amazing species to own.

yes very true but they will be around that's the main thing for others to enjoy. A 6ft tank is min once there large as they can get pretty full on so 1m 4-6f is pretty ideal if there brought for breeding. No issues with selling excess males once they look like this once people grow them out. It's the near 12 month for colour from the males when fry is the boring part but there very active from day dot that's for sure and eat heaps lol

Yeah these will never be your run of the mill daily seller but I'm lucky owning a great colony and nearly have a back up colony at size to be able to keep price down with these types of fish so others have an opportunity to own. The male is spawning atm. Such an awesome sight to see when breeding

Archived