L168 Dekeyseria brachyura Butterfly Pleco

Chuckmeister

Cheers mate, They are always looking a bit different. When they are on my red Woomera rock they seem to get alot more yellow/red to them and when on the substrate they really blacken off. Quite a semi social fish too. Temperament similar to a bristlenose I guess so you can actually get to see them unlike the 397's I put in. Dont think I'll ever see those fish again.

Ah yeah,,, that the thing that craPes me about plecos.

My L007 are awsome looking,,, I creep into room and carefully around corner, and they are all out frolicking and moving around.

The second I advance, they retreat not to be seen,,,, what a pain. Lol,

I may attempt to catch these out (397) and sell them.

I just walked up to my tank and saw a glimpse of the tail of a 397 in a crevice, when I looked he must have seen and even pulled his tail in, I could see him struggling to pull the whole thing in...with an attitude like that, will see an eviction lol I'm fairly confident that they are going to make me feel regret at having dropped them in a planted tank...just gotta remember to breath deep lol

The difference between the 397 and the 168's is fairly wide in terms of animal behavior.

The 168's are out quite often and they dont run when you approach the tank. They are cleaning my tank and the plants. I'm having a pretty good experience with them so far. Not quite as pretty as the 397's but a far more social fish. For a planted tank I'd highly recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Those 168s sure are cute, I would give you abit of a warning about your 397s and plants, they love to eat plants i have found all my Anubia's on wood have been totally nailed- eaten by my 397s roots and all, they are a real nice fish in my opinion but bad on the plants,

cheers

christian

just got some 3cm 397s myself any way stuck em in my fry tank or so i thought one managed to get out and took my only wood with plant out on saturday to clean tank.; an hour later stuck it back in to find one of the 397s sitting on the glass lid where the wooded plant had been. amazing they can live out of water that long?

Archived