Peppermint BN logs and food!

Teamsherman

Hi folks,

I'm the proud new owner of some Peppermint bristlenose adults that I have been wanting for years to see if I can successfully breed them! Its really the only fish I've ever had a real passion for breeding and my last pair had a sad misfortune just as they were about to get to breeding size so I decided instead of waiting to grow some up again like I did the last pair (I got them at 2cm length and the male died at about 12cm through a unfortunate mishap during a tank clean) and they took about 18 months to get to that size.

But anyway, the guy I bought the fish off had some cool slate caves that had removable lids custom made by a guy on the central coast who he cant recall and I would like to know if anyone here has the same and if they can tell me where they got them from please?

Also, I'm after some good high quality dry foods for them so if you can recommend some wafers or sinking pellets they will benefit from that would be awesome too!

In regards to fresh foods, I know they like blanched zuchini but what other foods do you all recommend for them? I have heard in the past they like frozen peas is that true? Also can I feed them things like bloodworms ect as treats every now and then?

Your help in making this a success for me is greatly appreciated and I'm hoping that in the near future they will get their jiggy on and supply me some cool little critters to raise!!

Cheers,

Alan.

Archived