Racks amd sumps

intern1

Looks good :)

i would still do side drops and run on air and use the sump you have as a 3rd grow out tank...you will need it

just make sure you choose carefuly what you want to breed and they are not the same looking fry and so on ....

I shouldn't have any issues mixing them up as I can separate them in each fry tank with dividers, I will be having a go at saulosi to begin with but I'm currently building a nice colony of quality yellows and going to build an acei tanzanian colony as well.

As for needing more tanks it shouldn't be an issue as I'll be controlling breeding by sticking the males in another 4ft if things are getting out of hand (I'm not looking at making a fish factory)

I do see the benifits of side drops and air lifts but that's not going to help me get filtered water to the top tanks and I don't want to take up any room in those tanks, I would rather leave them as big as possible.

I was planing on making a couple of air lifts and using them on the bottom fry tanks as well for a little bit more circulation, virtually sticking them in the same section as the big moray pump but facing them outwards to the fry holding tanks but these are easy to add in later and don't cost much or take up any room.

I sort of like the idea of one large filter as maintenance then becomes very easy with the Floss and foam sitting at the front of the tank on top easy access simply pull them out, give them a quick rinse or replace and chuck them back in, takes about 1 min.

One other thing I looked at was actually separating every single tank and running the same style filter but individual on each tank so that would mean 5 separate filters to clean and they will be at the back of the tank where it hard to get to, but the benifits would be I could run them all on air lifters which would make for less cost but I would also need in divulge heaters on each tank which will blow running costs way out, and no I won't be heating the room

Archived