Breeding Bumblebee Gobies

I think they like brackish, and would need it to breed.

I've had a few little ones, but didn't manage to get them to grow out, as i didn't have enough live food for them, i'd say infusoria would be your best bet as a fry food.

The males have a bright yellow band on the head (or at the base of the head) whereas females are a little duller and won't be quite as boofy in the head department, if you already have them it's cool, but when i buy 'em i try for a mix of body sizes and colourations, to guarantee males and females, the more the better, and when you see the males posturing and 'fighting' it' a good sign you may have eggs.

I don't know too much though, i've always wanted to breed these guys but haven't had a huge deal of success. I thikn tiny first food is the key, and plenty of it.

They are one of my all time favourite fish!

yeah.. they are just very different to every other fish

got a spare 2ft tank so i was thinking of breeding something new

does it really make much of a difference feeding them live food compared with feeding them frozen baby brine/daphnia?

I've had 'em on a number of occasions and can remember only once when ever one would freely take live food, often a couple would but others would waste away, not eating flake at all.

But it seems to be part of keeping them, they go nuts for mosquito larvae!

Archived