can any1 help with sodium thiosulphate

hazzafly

hi guys

need help with this got 1kg of it (aquasonic) was told u can make water ager from it

i was told to use 2tablespoons in 2liters of water.

and this will make water ager witch can be used at rate of 5mls to 50liters of water :confused:

has any1 ever used it and would no if this formula is write

any info would help

cheerz hazza

hi guys

need help with this got 1kg of it (aquasonic) was told u can make water ager from it

i was told to use 2tablespoons in 2liters of water.

and this will make water ager witch can be used at rate of 5mls to 50liters of water :confused:

has any1 ever used it and would no if this formula is write

any info would help

cheerz hazza

Hi Hazza

The formula above is way out.

I will be making some up shortly and will offer it for sale with heavy chemicals remover and slime coat for fish protection.

How much did you pay for the 1kg as I get it in 25kg at a time

Cheers John

Why bother with trying to save a few dollars with a home made job, buy Safe which is cheap enough. I'm all for saving a bit of money, but I'd rather get this from a professional than muck about with it and get it wrong and loose a tank full of fish.

google would give you dosage rate in a flash...

or some recomendation from my home town Water Corp!

http://www.watercorporation.com.au/_files/..._Info_4_pdf.pdf

You'll also need to remove heavy metals too

see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylenediaminetetraacetic_acid

both of these chemical can be obtain cheaply from your local chemical suppliers. Bulk purchase of the two ingredients cost you around 160 bucks ea type (25kg)! The amount will last you for a life time of fish keeping!

sodium thiosulphate can be purchase from your local pool shops too but might be marketed on a certain brand but all you need to do is to check for the ingredient on the tub!

DIY is great if you have multiple tanks otherwise just buy comercially made and save the hassle!

One must note as per pdf link above, commercial product require twice the recomended dosage just in case sh!t happens!

Age your water in a large drum and you will need NONE of the above!

if you have sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate use 474g for each litre of water. Then dose at the same rate as API tap water conditioner. If you get anhydrous stuff, use 302g. You will be just as safe as the professional stuff. Its not like a secret formula.

• 2 weeks later...

way to confuse someone :confused:

got an email from aquasonic telling me the formula i was told is right?

hmmm what to do???

mate do what i did google it and there are a few places in the US and UK that have the formula in lbs then convert it to metric.

Age your water in a large drum and you will need NONE of the above!

Unfortunately, if your water supply uses chloramines this just will not work. These days you need to be careful.

Mattrox, you are spot on. Water sitting in a barrel will not eradicate chloramines, that's why the water board use it, it doesn't dissipate with time or aeration as chlorine does.

Archived