Jeboa pump?

Yabbie Dabbie Do

So I'm away from home right now (Perth on a job) and I got a phone call last night (3am perth time) saying that the pump had stopped. Roma is not technical at all but it seemed like the pump had failed. So maybe I had been foolish to get the Jeboa !!!

Roma asked my brother Ron to come around this morning and have a look on the way to work turned out that the pump had shutdown because it was sucking air. I've been away much longer than I had anticipated, as a result the sump pad are getting blocked backing up the water flow.

Added some more water and Ron will clean the 20ppi pad Wednesday evening.

Ended up sticking with the old faithful and got another laguana 11000 l/hr. I have finished building the sump and rack now. Is there someone on the forum I can mms the photos to so they can put them up for every body to see.

Email them to me at aceforumsATlive.com Remember to replace AT with@

Mitch my comment would be that I am used to a sump having baffles that requires two piece of glass between each section. The gap between these two panes is small but allows the water to flow from one section up and into the next section. This permits an even flow across the whole media rather than just part.

what I see is

will you be using a sock on the pipe or just drop the water onto the pre filter mat

you don't have a spreader plate to distribute the water from the pipe into the sump

your chambers appear to have a single sheet of glass separating them and you need

2 sheets with aprox 6mm space between them as Ged has mentioned to create flow

between the chambers

never take the separating sheets to the top of the sump you need a gap to allow for

back flush with a power off so calculate the water area that would drain back if power

went off and see if the sump will take it

I would add fine micron foam sheets in front of the pump in last chamber just

to catch any particulates that are missed at the pre filter or get stirred up in the pump

chamber

what is the last section for it seems redundant with the pump being it the section in

front of it ... if its for your heater then rethink as you need water movement over the heater

also I would add some airstones in with the K1 and have them in motion

thanks for the feedback guys, sump is still dry there. It currently running now with airstones in with the k1. I have 10mm gap at top to allow for back flush. I never even thought of double panels to allow for even flow. I have a 30 mm piece of glass that runs horizontal across the second panel which creates a fountain into the k1 which also helps it tumble and spread even.

Archived