Aceii Ngara severely puffed out eye

TimB

Hey guys,

The past 2 weeks or so, I've noticed the left eye of one of my Pseudotropheus aceii Ngara males has gone white around the edges and is being pushed out of its socket further and further. See pics below

IMG_4507_zps51490339.jpg

IMG_4504_zps69b68e55.jpg

What is it/what it appear to be? If it can be cured, how?

He is eating normally, and has even been breeding, but seems a bit more sluggish and clumsy. It also looks pretty painful.

Please note the flash has exaggerated the blue on his body and the yellow on his tale.

Any help/advice/info would be greatly appreciated, he is one of my most loved fish and I really don't want him to be in pain and I don't want to lose him to this disease.

Cheers,

Tim

Hey mate,

Hard to say from Internet conversation. The to treat the infection. The fact that is localized to one fish and he is still eating which is for me the litmus test of overall fish health.

my guess would be that he has, in a skirmish or darting around the tank, damaged the connective tissue around the eye. This has become infected and will not heal on its own no matter how good the environment.

My suggestion is that you want to get some meds into him.

I don't know what the availability of antibiotic medications are in Australia.

To prevent further degradation salt baths or the addition of something like mela fix in the tank will help.

Good luck

Archived