Recommendations for Tropheus

noyd

Good evening All,

Looking at getting back into the hobby after a good 5-7 year break. Very excited.

I used to care for 6 bar frontosas, calvus and other tangs. I'm thinking I'll start slowly with a 3x2x2 for now and see where it goes :)

I've always had a thing for tropheus, full of energy and character. I used to have 10-15 duboisi that got along really well (disease and casualty free).

Can anyone fill me in on them today? I remember the basic things like having a large number of them to spread out the aggression, keeping the water in top notch condition etc.

Also, which tropheus are available now days?

Thanks in advance

I see Jim is still the man to see for Tropheus :thumb I got the Duboisi and Ilangi's off him before. Keen to see what's new.

Is Auburn aquarium still a good LFS? I used to go to Neptune in Blacktown, but they closed many years ago.

Rhe NSWCS still meets at the same time and place.

Auburn is still around but Anthony isn't there anymore. He has his own shop in Hornsby.

Labyrinth Aquarium, the old campsie aquariums, is now one of the top spot to visit.

Not much has changed in the Tropheus world. Plenty of variety available these days. You can pretty much pick something you like and it is probably here or get in contact with Grant Parkes and he may be able to import some for you.

Archived