PVC airpipe

Noddy65

Hi Mike

for your room I would think 30-50mm pipe to give you volume in the manifold

you need to drill holes for the fittings with PVC pipe

I think there are some nipples used in drip irrigation that are screw in other than finding them

you need to glue to help seal them when using the green aquarium ones or the barbed

drip system ones - silastic as I don't think PVC glue works on the nipples

I only needed 19mm poly pipe with mine and it's easier than PVC

I'll check with Sorroz and see what Kev uses in his rooms

I use 50mm in my rooms which are all run off the one 800 LPM air blower you can buy 2 types of 50mm ,I think one is storm water and the other sewer rated ,the sewer is more expensive.

For fittings I use the black plastic fittings that you can get from irrigation supply shops you can buy them in packs of 100 cheaper then other places sell smaller amounts ,they have a thread on one end and the correct size barb for airline on the other end .

To fit them I drill a smaller size hole and use a tap to create a thread and simply screw them in with out any sort of glue....if you cant get a tap you can screw them in by drilling a slightly larger hole and just screwing in the fitting.

I have tried smaller diameter pipe but the air flow was too restricted and didn't work, as you need the volume capacity.

It will depend on your setup but you cant go too big with the size pipe ..but you can go too small and not be able to fix without starting again .

Kevin

Also just used 25mm pressure pipe, the thicker wall gives the threaded barbs something to chew on, I drilled a 4mm hole, and I make a thread using a bolt that has the same thread pitch, a cordless drill and a small socket thingy make it heap easier, a quick lick on the thread before you screw it in helps a bit aswell., lol

drill, quick in and out with the bolt, hand screw the barb in with the socket, about a minute each.

|
Also just bought a 100pack of threaded barbs from bunnings, and I use the same irrigation taps that markfnq uses.

I have a lp100 pushing into 25mm pvc over three levels, ~ 40m of pipe, into 50 sponges, all are 18-24 inches deep there is heaps left.

exampleofairlineoutputs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Noddy.

I used the Black irrigation on mine but your room would benefit from the PVC style.

It was easy to install and the 4mm screw in nipples with a tap built in just push then screw straight in. Very quick to setup and install when all of the tanks are already in place.

093.jpg

Only thing I did extra was install a small tap which vented outside so I could relieve some of the pressure on the pump when there was only a few outlets running..

Cheers

Alvon

I used a PVC threaded male adaptor glued on to the end of the the PVC pipe. This allowed me to the attach an appropriate length of flexible hose to between the pump and the PVC. You can also use a no threaded adaptor and attach the hose using a stainless steel pipe clamp.

I used the flexible rubber tubing that came with the pump

poly barb/thread to suit rubber tubing

pvc or poly adapter to suit the bigger diameter of the pvc pipe

this is the old setup, and I obviously had a elbow thrown in there aswell.pumpconnection.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

50mm pipe comes as pressure pipe for water or sewer for waste pipes pressure pipe is far more expensive as thicker, id be using pressure pipe for aquarium and pumping systems as this is what it is designed for. plumbers use the pressure pipe 50mm mainly for spa pumps these days.

Archived